Sunday, June 1, 2008

Unstoppable!

When the Giants won the Super Bowl, I'm not sure there was a happier guy in the world than the genius marketing exec for Citizen who made the dubious decision (a massive understatement) that Eli Manning would be featured in their Citizen Echo-Drive advertisements. Even though Eli now improbably has a ring, the commercials and print ads are still humorous to many. Here's what I found in a magazine which I cut out and scanned:



If they decided on Eli, I wonder who else Citizen was considering. There were plenty of guys that had equal stature at the time...





And there's plenty of young quarterbacks that are all over the news...





Of course, I'm sure Tom Brady would've been great for Citizen, but there's a chance he wanted too much money. However, there was a cheaper option they may not have considered.



And finally, I HAVE to do this one, for all the Vikings fans out there...

No comments: